Careers At VMCH
Occupational Therapist (Grade 2 or 3)
Job no: 495996
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Aged Care
• Permanent Full-time position available based in Hume Region (based in Shepparton or Wangaratta)
• Join a passionate team and help us to make a difference in our Clients lives
• Excellent Salary Packaging Benefits and company car
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Occupational Therapist who has a genuine interest in the health and wellbeing of older adults and is passionate about providing quality, person-centred care.
Join our Allied Health Services team and help to make a difference in our Clients lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an established multi-disciplinary team to provide restorative care to clients in the Hume region of Victoria; you will be based in Shepparton or Wangaratta
You will undertake a varied and diverse workload and provide interventions in home-based settings for the clients accessing our intensive Short Term Restorative Care Programme, making a difference to their independence and wellbeing.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Travelling across the Hume region working predominantly in our Client homes
• Working with Clients, Carers and Families to provide practical solutions to promote independence at home and in the community
• Developing goals and care plans to assist Clients to remain at home and active in their local community
• Advising on assistive equipment, home modifications and strategies and techniques to increase independence with activities of daily living
• Undertaking teaching and training opportunities with local VMCH programmes
• Participating in service delivery development and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
• Current registration with AHPRA
• Victorian Drivers Licence
• Broad knowledge and experience in the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of current Occupational Therapy interventions within home and community-based settings
• Be self-motivated with a high level of communication, organizational and time management skills
• Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
For more information, please contact Senior Manager Jo-Ann Petersen on 1300 919 850
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time