Careers At VMCH
Job no: 496015
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care
- Part-time and full time ongoing positions
- Work close to home
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Physiotherapists / Occupational Therapists who has a genuine interest in the health and wellbeing of older people and is passionate about providing quality, person-centred care. You’ll join a supportive team across different residences with a focus on the residents independence, quality of life and wellbeing.
You’ll be part of the VMCH Allied Health Team with support from the Senior Physiotherapist. The role will need you to enjoy working autonomously while tackling a varied and diverse workload.
Now you’re ready for change and to take on a new challenge.
Working with VMCH residents to really make a difference in their lives and to overcome physical challenges so they can reach their goals.
Our services aim to support people to live a life of potential and to be in control of their lives.
Aged Care is a growing industry and with an ageing population in need of qualified physiotherapists and occupational therapists to contribute to the health and wellbeing of the older population.
Building a relationship with your regular residents is important.
- You‘ll work at VMCH Aged Care Residences, close to where you live
- Along with one on one resident support you will enjoy creating and facilitating individual and group programs, including pain management program
- You’ll enjoy working with a range of people including residents, carers and families to provide practical solutions to promote independence and mobility
- Understanding the broad range of people and health conditions experienced as we get older
- You enjoy collaborating with residents on goals and care plans to enhance health and independence
- Completing resident's mobility assessments
- Advise on the latest walking aids, mobility, exercise and balance and develop exercise programs
- Undertake teaching and training opportunities with VMCH programs
You will have
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Broad knowledge and experience in the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of current Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy programs
- Be self-motivated with a high level of communication, organizational and time management skills
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Full time positions – 2 available
- Part time positions - 3 available
- Flexible working hours available
- CPD allowance
- Great Not for Profit salary packaging opportunities
- Various residences at Wantirna, Upper Ferntree Gully, Berwick and Bundoora
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
Applications close: Sunday, 26 May 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time