Careers At VMCH
Residential Support Worker in Mount Waverley
Job no: 496323
Work type: Part time
Location: Mount Waverley
Categories: Disability Services
- Part-time positions available in Mount Waverley
- Apply your passion for helping others and provide personalised care and support to our Clients
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Residential Support Workers who want to support our Clients reach their goals and aspirations, helping them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
In this role, you will provide personalised care and support to our Clients based on their individual needs within our 24-hour direct care Shared Supported Accommodation Services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Clients wellbeing, including support with daily household activities, preparation, cooking and assistance with meals, personal care, manual handling, social, recreational and community experiences that enhance the quality of life
- Planning and assisting in the development, implementation and reviews of Individual support plans, Person Centred Plans and Behaviour Support Plans, that are achievable and client focused
- Provide information and report through standard methods, including recording charts, completing routine tasks and generating quarterly Keyworker Reports utilising organisational systems including computer software applications
- Working a range of rostered shifts including morning and afternoon shifts, sleepovers, weekends and active nights and full day shifts during client holiday periods or client illness/appointments as required by specific services
Join our passionate team and help us to change the lives of our Clients.
You will have:
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability or equivalent
- Experience in hands-on client service delivery (including personal care and manual handling)
- Ability to treat people as individuals and supporting people in a Person Centred way
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively within crisis and emergency situations
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Current First Aid Certificate – Level 2
- Current Driver's Licence
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and special education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time