Careers At VMCH
Physiotherapist Grade 2 or 3 in Hume Region
Job no: 496411
Work type: Full time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care
- Permanent, full-time position available - chose the best location for you Shepparton or Wangaratta
- Help us improve the lives of our Clients
- Company car provided and excellent Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Physiotherapist who has a genuine interest in the health and wellbeing of older adults and is passionate about providing quality, person-centred care to join its supportive allied health team which also includes a Programme coordinator.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an established multi-disciplinary team to provide restorative care to clients in the Hume region of Victoria; you will be based in Shepparton or Wangaratta.
You will undertake a varied and diverse workload and provide interventions in a home and community-based settings for the clients accessing our intensive Short Term Restorative Care programme and CHSP programme making a difference to their independence and wellbeing.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Travel across the Hume region working predominantly in clients' homes;
- Work with clients, carers and families to provide practical solutions to promote independence, function and mobility at home and in the community;
- Work with a diverse range of clients and health conditions;
- Develop goals and care plans to assist clients to remain at home and active in their local community;
- Advise on walking aids, mobility, exercise and balance and develop and facilitate home and community-based exercise programmes;
- Undertake teaching and training opportunities with local VMCH programmes;
- Participate in service delivery development and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy);
• Current registration with AHPRA;
• Current Driver's Licence;
• Broad knowledge and experience in the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of current Physiotherapy programmes within home and community-based settings;
• Self-motivated with a high level of communication, organizational and time management skills;
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
For more Information contact Jo-Ann Petersen on 1300 919 850
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time