Careers At VMCH
Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant - casual positions available
Job no: 496455
Work type: Casual
Categories: Community Services, Aged Care
- Casual positions available
- If you want to make a difference in people's lives through your work, apply now!
- Not for Profit – excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for Leisure & Lifestyle Assistants who are passionate about helping others and making a difference in other people lives.
In this role, you will deliver a high-quality service to our clients through the person-centred approach and by delivery of innovative activity programs.
Help our clients to maximise their independence and improve the quality of their life.
We have various shifts available in various location in Eastern and Southern suburbs. We are looking for the candidates who are available to work in various locations and various shifts (including night, evening and weekend shifts).
- Providing accurate and timely input into the assessment and review of client needs, and the preparation of appropriate care plans;
- Assisting the Lifestyle & Respite Centre Coordinator in the effective implementation, and carrying out of tasks associated with care plans, activity programs and work plans;
- Supporting the Coordinator in preparing program statistics and reports, ensuring internal and external reporting requirements are fulfilled with the highest level of accuracy and completed in a timely manner;
- Assisting clients with their personal care at our day & overnight Respite Centres, including but not limited to, eating, personal hygiene, toileting, medication management and other requirements described in their care plan;
- Assist in providing meaningful, age-appropriate learning opportunities and activities across a range of environments that are suited to client needs and level of ability/function, with a particular focus on activities suitable for frail elderly, people with dementia and disabilities;
- Supporting clients from diverse backgrounds, e.g. clients from CALD and ATSI background;
- Assisting in the carrying out of the Leisure & Lifestyle activities, including the safe transportation of clients/driving the Centre bus.
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Leisure and Lifestyle, Community Care or other recognised accreditation);
- A sound understanding of issues impacting on older people, people with dementia or disabilities, and their carers;
- Experience in providing personal care to elderly and disabled clients;
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality service delivery, the application of quality systems and continuous improvement;
- Commitment to the application of a person-centred approach, respecting and valuing the beliefs and customs of all clients;
- A solution-focused approach to work;
- Strong organisational skills and proficiency in the use of office technologies and applications;
- A current Victorian driver’s license;
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety appropriate to the level of the appointment.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time