Careers At VMCH
NDIS Support Coordinator in Ballarat
Job no: 496505
Work type: Full time
Categories: Disability Services
• Full-time, permanent role in Ballarat
• Help us to change the lives of our Clients
• Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for a Support Coordinator to join our passionate team in Ballarat.
In this role, you will provide support for our Clients with disabilities and through the consideration of their individual circumstances. You will assist them to strengthen their abilities and assist to participate in community activities.
This is a perfect role for someone who wants to make a difference!
- Developing and maintaining relationships with individuals and their families working in a supportive and collaborative manner
- Providing assistance to strengthen the participant’s ability to understand and work within the NDIS framework and, to coordinate and direct supports within their plan
- Supporting individuals to map out their NDIS budget including providing provisions for service delivery, and NDIS reviews
- Assisting individuals to strengthen their capacity to establish networks, maintain support services, linkages and relationships
- Providing a range of support options and creative solutions for participants to meet their goals
- Ensuring that individuals are treated with respect in a manner that enhances their personal dignity and rights at all times.
- Managing a portfolio of the service recipient and assisting other members of the team as needed
- Working with external service providers and suppliers to support maximum value for money
- Maintaining a client-centred / customer-oriented approach to clients and service delivery, in accordance with VMCH values and in a manner which promotes VMCH as a service provider of choice
- Knowledge of NDIS act 2013, Disability Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
- Experience working with people living with a disability (desirable)
- Manage and prioritize competing for demand
- Extensive experience working directly with customers with significant and diverse disabilities
- Work autonomously and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability identity, measure and report on outcome’s
- Current driver’s license
- Establish and maintain positive professional relationships with a variety of key stakeholders
- Use of highly developed communication skills for working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Write in a manner that is suitable for clear communication, through reports and developed organizational processes
- The flexibility of hours will be required to be responsive to customer needs
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time