Careers At VMCH
Disability Support Worker in Ballarat, Ararat, Wangaratta or Shepparton
Job no: 497550
Work type: Casual, Full time, Part time
Categories: Disability Services
- Full-Time /Part-Time/ Casual positions available in Ballarat, Ararat, Wangaratta or Shepparton
- Make a difference to our Clients lives
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Disability Support Workers who want to support our Clients reach their goals and aspirations, helping them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
In this role you will provide support for those in the transitional stage of their lives, as well as individual's ageing with a disability, to learn, explore, experience new things and achieve individual goals and dreams.
- Provide direct support to our Clients during activity delivery, meal times, personal care, health emotional, behavioural, physical and social supports (Including supporting people with enteric feed and administration of medication)
- Liaise with individuals and support networks to ensure our Clients needs are appropriately met, to promote and support maximum participation
- Provide learning opportunities and activities across a range of environments
- Transport people supported by VMCH to a range of community venues and locations across metropolitan Melbourne using service vehicles
- Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships
- Ability to research, develop, facilitate, monitor and evaluate group and individual programs
- Current Driver’s License
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Experience in supporting people in learning, recreation and related environments (desirable)
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent (desirable)
Work at VMCH while you study!
The Victorian Government are offering TAFE courses in Disability, Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate IV in Disability, free for eligible students.
You could work with VMCH while studying and getting new qualifications.
To find out more about these opportunities go to the Victorian Government website.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time