Careers At VMCH
Activity Coordiantor in Wangaratta
Job no: 497602
Work type: Full time
Categories: Disability Services
- Full-time, permanent position available in Wangaratta
- Apply your leadership skills and passion for the development of disability programs
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Activity Coordinator, Disability Services who wants to become the leader of our passionate team in Wangaratta and support our Clients reach their goals and aspirations, helping them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
In this role, you will have a chance to apply your interests and knowledge in developing, promoting, coordinating model of community-based respite programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and their families working in a supportive and collaborative manner to ensure individual needs are at the forefront of decision making;
- Ensure the provision of flexible, safe and innovative programs
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the Disability Team utilising strong coordination and management skills to ensure that the program and facilities provide responsive, efficient and client-focused services;
- Work as part of the overall Disability Team Leaders Group to ensure the ongoing development of the services, including policies, procedures and operational practices, which reflect the organisational goals of staff empowerment and client focus;
- Build and deliver staff meetings that provide training, opportunities for team building and that are meaningful to the Disability staffing team;
- Maintain current awareness of industry trends and government policy and directions for respite services including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS);
- Recruitment, induction and retention of staff and to foster a team environment in which staff are empowered to participate in the operational decision making of service delivery and service innovations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current industry trends, individualised funding and service options and opportunities for people with disabilities;
- Sound knowledge of the Disability Act 2006, NDIA/NDIS Victoria, The Victorian Charter of Human Rights, Disability State Plan;
- Knowledge of complex conditions that impact on people with disabilities and their carers and the capacity to keep up to date with best practice guidelines;
- Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Well-developed problem solving and skills with the ability to take initiative to meet customer’s needs with available resources;
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships, liaising with relevant stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills;
- Proven commitment to customer service and ongoing professional development;
- Flexible approach and the ability to effectively prioritise and coordinate multiple and diverse tasks concurrently;
- A full driver’s licence;
- First Aid certificate (formerly Level 2 First Aid).
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time