Careers At VMCH
Physiotherapist & Occupational Therapists
Job no: 497763
Work type: Full time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care
Full time and part time positions with flexible hours
Generous not-for-profit salary packaging and CPD allowance
Melbourne Suburban locations – Berwick, Bundoora, Pakenham, Clayton, Mulgrave, Balwyn, Torquay, Sunshine & Bacchus Marsh
We are seeking Physiotherapists & Occupational Therapists (Graduates are welcome to apply) to join our caring and supportive teams at various Aged Care residences in the Suburbs of Melbourne.
Full time & part time positions available
- Flexible working hours that are family friendly
- CPD allowance
- Great Not for Profit salary packaging opportunities
- Be supported as part of a great team of experienced Allied Health professionals
About the role
VMCH follows the Montessori approach to Aged Care.
If you’re passionate about helping older people remain physically active and manage chronic pain to ensure they have choice and flexibility in their life, this is great job for you.
You’ll work in partnership with other allied health professionals, nursing and care staff, assist residents with pain management plans, programs to maintain and improve their physical health, and review their equipment needs and the provision of manual handling training.
You’ll have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as you’ll be working in partnership with other staff, health professionals and resident’s families.
Essential requirements for this role
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy with current AHPRA registration
- Professional written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated expertise in physiotherapy assessment and the ability to design appropriate treatment programs for each allocated resident, ensuring the delivery of the program as planned
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the field of Aged Care and Rehabilitation
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ACFI and accreditation
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance – family-friendly flexible hours.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and well-being benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click on the following links
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
Applications Close: Sunday 28 July 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH all successful applicants must be willing to obtain the following:
- Australian Criminal History
- Check Evidence of Australian Work Rights
If you have been a citizen or a permanent resident of a country other than Australia or have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, you may need to provide a copy of your international police check before an offer of employment can be made.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time