Careers At VMCH
Affordable Homes Coordinator
Job no: 497779
Work type: Full time
Location: East Melbourne
Categories: Administration/Office Support, Aged Care
- Full-time, ongoing position
- East Melbourne location
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Do you enjoy working with a friendly team, in a caring environment?
- Are you passionate about making a different in the lives of people?
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Retirement Living, you will provide administration support to ensure the smooth daily operational management of our Affordable Homes portfolio.
You will work closely with the Property, Community Services and other teams, to achieve constructive outcomes for our residents & clients.
- Administration duties in relations to admission and discharge of residents and clients, including interviewing prospective clients, preparing Agreements and orientating new residents to their homes
- Manage resident and client enquiries, including dispute resolution
- Refer residents and clients to external community agencies
- Parish and Community special projects, reports and research projects
- You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Assisting people to achieve positive outcomes is a passion
- You pride yourself on having a first-rate customer service attitude
To be successful you will have
- Strong administration, numeracy and software skills, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with elderly people
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to prioritise and take the initiative
- Qualifications in Business Administration or extensive experience in high level administration roles
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
Great health and well-being benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
Applications close: Sunday, 21 July 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time