Careers At VMCH
Occupational Therapist in Kew
Job no: 497797
Work type: Full time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Education
- Full-time position in Kew
- Deliver high quality, accountable Early Childhood Intervention Services to allocated families
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our Early Childhood Intervention Service team. If you are passionate about enabling children to learn and support them and their families to achieve the goals, we want to hear from you.
- Acting as a key family service coordinator for allocated families
- Delivering group and individual Occupational Therapy services to our Clients
- Providing direct support to children with disabilities and their families, according to Family Support plans, in line with program guidelines
- Working with families to meet their needs in a manner that is underpinned by a family centred, reflective and strength-based practices
- Reporting to and consulting with direct supervisor on all aspects of service delivery according to VMCH procedures and ECIS guidelines
- Ensuring effective collaboration with other team members, including staff of other Villa Maria Catholic Homes programs
- Relevant qualification Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA registration
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide effective consultancy services that facilitate change through the use of reflective and strength-based practice
- Ability to coach other transdisciplinary team members in the area of expertise
- Ability to effectively prioritize work according to position requirements.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time