Careers At VMCH
Personal Care Assistant
Job no: 497955
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care
- Part time, maternity leave contract and casual roles available
- Sunshine location
- Not for Profit - Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
- Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
- Join the team at St Bernadette’s in Sunshine and make a difference daily in the lives of our residents, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role
The Personal Care Assistant will assist residents in meeting their potential, provide quality personal care and supporting them to enjoy each day in a meaningful way.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deliver high standard of care to meet each resident’s needs
- Provide support and care in all ADL requirements
- Enable residents to engage in meaningful activities, considering their individual needs, stage of life, development & strengths
Please click on the link below to the document outlining available rosters.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Patience and a strong ethos of client service
- Demonstrated ability to relate and converse with older people
To be successful you will have
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing Specialisation), or equivalent/higher
- Ability to communicate effectively & compassionately with residents, families, employees, volunteers
- We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: If your application is successful, 2 Assessment Centre Interview sessions will be held Friday 23 July, 8.30 am to 12.30 pm and 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
To review the position description, please click on the link below:
Applications close: Sunday, 25 August 2019, 11:30PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time