Careers At VMCH
Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant
Job no: 497994
Work type: Part time
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Aged Care
- Part-time, ongoing position, up to 65 hours per fortnight
- Torquay location
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Are you passionate about Leisure and Lifestyle activities?
- Do you enjoy supporting people to achieve healthy lifestyle outcomes?
- Do you want to assist people living with Dementia achieve greater levels of independence?
About the role
The Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant encourages and supports residents, particularly our residents living with Dementia, to participate in a wide range of interests and activities in line with their individual needs and care plan.
Whilst the role is part time, 65 hours per fortnight spread Monday to Friday - as the facility grows, there is opportunity for greater hours and/or different shifts.
- Prepare support activities according to the resident’s care plan and preferences
- Involve residents to in identifying activities that maximise engagement and promote healthy lifestyle practices
- Promote and facilitate opportunities for participation in activities that reflect the resident’s individual physical, social, cultural and spiritual needs
- Organise activities for people living with dementia and other complex needs, which aim to maintain independence.
You will have
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the issues related to services to older people
- Ability and commitment to lead and work as part of a team
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision
- A passion to promote a positive lifestyle environment.
To be successful you will have
- Diploma or Cert IV in Leisure and Health, or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate Level 2
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
Applications close: Sunday, 25 August, 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time