Careers At VMCH
Food Services Assistant
Job no: 497996
Work type: Part time
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Aged Care
- Part time and casual roles available
- Torquay location
- Not for Profit - Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
- Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
- Join the team at Star of the Sea, Torquay and make a difference in the lives of our residents on a daily basis, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role:
As a Food Services Assistant you will work as part of a friendly team to deliver nutritional meal services to our residents. Your duties will include:
- Perform basic food preparation tasks
- Cook basic meals under supervision
- Clean food preparation and eating areas
- Clean cooking equipment and utensils
- Serving and delivery of meals.
Week 1 Wed 0700-1500 Sun 1130-1800
Week 2 Wed 0700-1500
You will have:
- Food Safety Certificate Level I or II
- Caring attitude to people and residents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Previous experience working in an aged care facility (Desirable).
- We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click on the link below:
Applications close: Sunday, 25 August 2019, 11:30PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time