Careers At VMCH
Cook in Torquay
Job no: 497997
Work type: Casual
Categories: Aged Care
• Casual position available in Torquay
• Great culture with a friendly team
• Excellent Not-For-Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Cook to join our Aged Care team in Torquay.
We are looking for a Cook who will be responsible for supporting the provision of high-quality catering services that meet the nutritional and hydration needs, special requirements and preferences of our residents in an effective and efficient way.
- Assisting with planning and preparing menus and meals for residents in accordance with any dietary, cultural and care needs;
- Perform basic food preparation and presentation tasks;
- Cleaning of food preparation and consumption areas, cooking equipment and utensils;
- Serving and delivery of meals to residents;
- Assisting the Chef with ordering, checking and rotating of all food supplies;
- Effectively delegates tasks and responsibilities to Food Service Assistants.
- Certificate III in Hospitality (commercial cookery) or higher;
- Food Safety Certificate Level I or II;
- Relevant experience working in aged care, or an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the issues related to providing services to older people
- Relevant experience working in a food services environment;
- Previous experience in the supervision of staff;
- Flexible availability is advantageous.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time