Careers At VMCH
Team Leader in in Braybrook
Job no: 498117
Work type: Full time
Categories: Disability Services
- Permanent, full-time Team Leader role available in Braybrook
- Apply your leadership skills and help us to deliver the best services to our Clients
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Team Leader to join our team and provide support to our employees that ensure the provisions of quality services in an environment that is person-centred, led by the individuals and recognises the importance of family and community inclusion.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager - Accommodation you will undertake a range of management responsibilities as well as provide direct support to our Clients.
Join our passionate team and help us to change the lives of our Clients.
- Manage and facilitate the implementation, review and monitoring of individual Lifestyle Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Person Centred Plans to achieve desired outcomes as identified by individuals
- Coordinate relevant health supports for individual’s including GP, specialists, allied health therapists, and psychologists
- Provide direct support and care to individuals within the service/s
- Manage the ongoing recruitment, induction, and training of staff within the service/s
- In conjunction with the line manager, participate in the budget preparation process and manage and monitor the operational budget of the nominated service/s
You will have:
- Leadership experience within the disability field with the ability to promote dignity and respect for people with a disability and their carers
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Services or equivalent
- Experience in building positive relationships and communicating effectively with people with disabilities, families, staff and other service providers
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise own work and that of team
- Current First Aid/CPR Level II
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety
- Full driver's licence
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time