Careers At VMCH
Lifestyle and Respite Coordinator in Shepparton
Job no: 498120
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Community Services
• Permanent, part-time role (4 days a week) in Shepparton
• Help us to improve the lives of our Clients
• Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for a Lifestyle and Respite Coordinator to join our passionate team in Shepparton.
In this role, together with your team, you will provide individualised and outcomes-driven support to our Clients by providing by coordinating quality programs which contribute to meetings needs and aspirations of individuals.
Additionally, you will manage operations at Kialla House, including effectively managing the service budget while optimizing business initiatives.
Join our team and help us to promote VMCH as a provider of choice.
This is a perfect role for someone who wants to make a difference!
- Ensuring that individuals are treated with respect in a manner that enhances their personal dignity and rights at all times.
- Provide subject matter expertise to direct care staff at Kialla House and demonstrate innovation, model collaborative, integrated Montessori approach.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and their families working in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Monitor and take in led in ensuring compliance within Kialla programs with all relevant legislation, regulations, and VMCH policies, procedures and work instructions: including completion of reporting requirements.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings/forums and positively contribute to activities that enhance consumer and program outcomes.
- Provide leadership and operational management at Kialla House.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, and on boarding of staff fostering a team environment in which staff are empowered to participate in the operational decision-making, direct service delivery and take ownership of day-to-day delivery of customer supports.
- Relevant allied health or other territory qualification with a minimum cert IV.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.
- Knowledge of the Aged Care standards and other relevant legislation.
- Experience in planning and delivery services.
- Extensive experience working directly with customers with significant and diverse disabilities and leading teams.
- Use of highly developed communication skills for working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Current driver’s license.
- Willingness to participate in after-hours on-call support.
- Willingness to travel between VMCH activity and Respite services areas.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time