Careers At VMCH
Psychologist in Wantirna
Job no: 498124
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Disability Services
• Permanent, part-time or full-time position available in Wantirna
• Be part of supportive Allied Health Team
• Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Psychologist to join our supportive Allied Health Team.
In this role, you will provide individualised psychology services to our Clients on a needs basis whilst building on their strengths and developing sustainable long term solutions.
You will provide direct specialist assessment and intervention services including functional behaviour assessments writing and development of behaviour support plans.
We love working as a team and by joining us, you will become part of enthusiastic and client-focused trans-disciplinary Allied Health Team where we exchange our knowledge, share expertise and support each other.
Every day will be different as you will have a chance to work with various Clients and make a real change to their lives.
The role is based in Wantirna with regular travels around Melbourne.
- You are passionate about supporting others.
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology with current general registration with AHPRA.
- 2 years + of experience in facilitating and enabling meaningful outcomes for people with disability and their families.
- Experience in functional behavioural assessment and behaviour support plan development and writing.
- Experience of NDIS plans and funding.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team within a changing environment and to collaborate with peers and teams to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Current driver’s licence.
For more information please contact Jo-Ann Petersen (Senior Manager of Allied Health, Community and Disability Services) on phone: 1300 919 850
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time