Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498127
Work type: Part time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Community Services, Aged Care, Disability Services
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary Allied Health Team
- 4 days a week. Wantirna location
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits
About the role
At VMCH we work hard to ensure every Client achieves an optimal outcome and the best support.
We have an exciting opportunity for passionate and highly motivated Speech Pathologist to assist our aged Clients or young and adult Clients with disabilities to achieve their goals.
In this role you will:
- Have an opportunity to work with various clients – you will provide support to young and adults with disabilities and older people
- Become the part of multidisciplinary Allied Health Team which will give you the opportunity to exchange your knowledge and learn from others. We believe in and apply team collaboration on a daily basis!
- Have the opportunity to learn something new every day
- Have a real impact on the improvement of our Clients’ lives
The role is based in Wantirna and travel to other sites will be required.
- 2 years + experience as a Speech Pathologist with clients who have significant complex support needs
- Eligibility for membership with Speech Therapy Australia
- Experience in delivery of Speech Pathology services for young people and adults and the aged
- Knowledge and experience in aged and disability funding streams, eg.NDIS
- Passion for ongoing learning and progression
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with clients, co-workers & other health professionals
- Current first aid and CPR or the willingness to obtain
- Current driver’s licence.
For more information please contact Jo-Ann Petersen (Senior Manager of Allied Health, Community and Disability Services) on phone: 1300 919 850
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time