Careers At VMCH
Speech Pathologist in Wantirna
Job no: 498127
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care, Disability Services
• Part-time position, 4 days a week
• Be part of supportive Allied Health Team
• Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are seeking a Speech Pathologist to work across a diverse and rewarding disability and aged care client caseload. You will have the necessary training and experience to deliver high-quality therapy services to deliver NDIS funded services to support young people and adult clients who have complex needs as well as CHSP and HCP funded services to support the aged.
The role will be based from Wantirna with regular travel required throughout Eastern Melbourne metro and surrounds.
- Providing clinical services in the areas of communication and swallowing disorders, dysphagia, augmentative and alternative communication and voice quality and control.
- Engaging with clients to develop and implement effective clinical intervention and therapeutic treatments based on quality assessment and evidence-based practise standards, ensuring effective outcomes are achieved.
- Completing detailed reporting adhering to the NDIS and Aged Care reporting frameworks.
- Training and supporting staff to develop and implement support strategies in the area of expertise.
- 2 years + experience as a Speech pathologist with clients who have significant complex support needs.
- Eligibility for membership with Speech Therapy Australia.
- Experience in delivery of Speech Pathology services for young people and adults and the aged.
- Knowledge and experience in aged and disability funding streams, eg.NDIS.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working within a positive behaviour support framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team within a changing environment and to collaborate with peers and teams to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Great relationship-building skills.
- Current first aid and CPR or the willingness to obtain.
- Current driver’s licence.
For more information please contact Jo-Ann Petersen (Senior Manager of Allied Health, Community and Disability Services) on phone: 1300 919 850
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time