Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498143
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration/Office Support
- Fantastic opportunity for a customer service oriented person who wants to work in a caring environment
- Full-time position based in Camberwell. Job share available.
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for a Reception Supervisor who will be responsible for the provision of professional services and administrative support to the Manager, Residents, their families and guests and key stakeholders at our Athelstan Retirement Living in Camberwell.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the reception area and maintain the professional image of Athelstan Retirement Living
- Maintain professional, client-centred approach to Residents and guests at all times
- Assist in the smooth running of the facility/function at all times, in consultation with the Manager
- Deliver various administrative tasks including the maintenance of residents databases, preparing reports, taking minutes during the meetings, stock control of office stationery
- Supervision of up to 10 staff in the Manager's absence
- Support café/dining team during peak times or in their absence (such as coffee making)
- Extensive experience in reception, administration and customer service
- High level of computer literacy – MS Outlook, Word, Excel;
- High level of initiative, flexibility and strong time/event management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to respect and relate with seniors and their families through cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety appropriate to the level of the appointment.
- Current First Aid Level 2 Certificate (or willingness to obtain within a reasonable timeframe from commencement of employment)
- Current Responsible Serving of Alcohol Certificate (or willingness to obtain within a reasonable timeframe from commencement of employment)
- Tertiary qualification in Business Administration or equivalent
- Relevant experience working in, or an understanding of and sensitivity to, the not for profit environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate a busy switchboard.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time