Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498143
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration/Office Support
- Fantastic opportunity for customer service oriented person who wants to work in a caring environment
- Full-time position based in Camberwell
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for the Reception Supervisor who will be responsible for the provision of professional services and administrative support to the Manager, Residents, their families and guests, and key stakeholders at our Athelstan Retirement Living in Camberwell.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the reception area and maintain the professional image of Athelstan Retirement Living
- Maintain professional, client-centred approach to Residents and guests at all times
- Provide supervision and direction to the reception team to ensure the smooth running of the facility/function at all times, in consultation with the Manager
- Deliver various administrative tasks including the maintenance of residents databases, preparing reports, taking minutes during the meetings, stock control of office stationery
- Actively seek opportunities to reflect and learn in order to improve delivered services.
- Extensive experience in reception, administration and customer service
- Demonstrated highly developed level of interpersonal skills
- High level of computer literacy – MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- High level of initiative, flexibility and strong time/event management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and leadership of teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to respect and relate with seniors and their families through cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety appropriate to the level of the appointment.
• Tertiary qualification in Business Administration or equivalent
• Relevant experience working in, or an understanding of and sensitivity to, the not for profit environment
• Demonstrated ability to operate a 10-line switchboard.
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time