Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498167
Work type: Full time
Categories: Aged Care
- Full-time, 2 month contract position
- Bundoora location
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Do you enjoy working with a friendly team, in a caring environment?
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of older people?
About the role
The Administrative Officer is responsible for the provision of exceptional customer service and administrative support for VMCH’s Bundoora Aged Care Residence, supporting the Residential Services Manager, Residents and Staff.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintain a client-centred/customer-oriented approach to clients and service delivery
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, program staff, volunteers and all relevant stakeholders through effective front of office service including reception
- Maintain rostering system ensuring accurate and timely data entry to ensure smooth transition to the payroll system
- Manage petty cash, accounts payable processing, maintain filing systems
- Reconcile service delivery expenditures
- Qualifications in Business Administration or extensive experience in high level administration roles
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge and experience of using rostering and payroll systems
- Proficiency in using and updating EmpLive Rostering System and Preceda payroll system (desirable)
To be successful you will have
- Strong administration, numeracy and software skills
- Experience working with elderly people
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to prioritise and take the initiative
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
Applications close: Sunday, 22 September 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time