Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498172
Work type: Part time
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care
- Permanent Part Time
- Star of the Sea, Torquay
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
- Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
- Join the team at Star of the Sea, Torquay and make a difference in the lives of our residents on a daily basis, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role
Following Montessori principals, lead the team to provide the best care for our residents, enhancing their lives and empowering them to make choices. As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the coordination and provision of high standards of care to residents and their families whilst promoting a person-centred approach to care.
Key responsibilities will include
- Provide effective, direction and supervision to ensure care is provided safely and accurately
- Conduct nursing assessments for all residents
- Demonstrated up-to-date knowledge of the ageing process and relevant diseases
- Ensure residents have accurate, up to date care plans based on their needs.
Week 1 - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 0700-1500 and Sunday 14.45 – 22.15
Week 2 - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 0700-1500 and Sunday 14.45 – 22.15
About you, you will have
- RN with previous experience in residential aged care
- An ability to lead, support and supervise staff and to promote a team approach
- An ability to be self-motivated and to promote a positive work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent clinical skills with in-charge experience.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Experience as a RN in a Residential Aged Care setting
- An understanding and ability to ensure compliance with Residential Aged Care Standards, ACFI, OH&S, food safety and other legislative requirements.
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and well-being benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
Applications close: Sunday, 22 September 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time