Careers At VMCH
Practice Manager - Clinical
Job no: 498174
Work type: Full time
Categories: Community Services, Education
- Full-time, permanent position available
- Location: based in Kew but travelling to other facilities is required
- Motorvehical allowance and excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Practice Manager - Clinical to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading, supporting, developing and educating in the areas of care and clinical practice across all sites in the Accommodation division in line with VMCH mission, vision and values.
The role will provide innovation, continuous improvement, support, supervision and direction to those responsible for delivering care in the areas of daily living as well as to those who have complex behaviour support needs.
The role is based in Kew but travelling to other Accommodation locations will be required.
If you have a passion for sharing your knowledge with others, implementing changes that improve the quality of services delivered to Clients, you enjoy delivering training and coach others, we want to hear from you.
- Work in partnership with service delivery teams to implement and promote best practice in care and
clinical service delivery
- Provide clinical expertise and knowledge while developing educational programs and practice
initiatives and ensure these translate these into everyday actions
- Develop educational programs to extend the capability and competency of staff responsible for the delivery of service and care
- Create a client-centred culture while developing best practice in the care and clinical service delivery
- Provide advice regarding best financial models for care
- Liaise with a broad range of stakeholder to create positive solutions to identified areas of improvement
You will have:
- Relevant nursing degree with current AHPRA registration or disability qualification
- Experience with understanding the NDIS quality and safeguard framework
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, analytical skills, well-developed organisational skills to meet
deadlines and effective collaboration with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety appropriate to the level of the appointment
- Cleared National (all applicants) and international (where required) Police record check
- Current right to work in Australia
- Cleared check against the Department of Health & Human Services operated Disability Worker Exclusion
- A valid, employer Working with Children Check
- Victorian driver’s license
- CPR and First Aid
- Understanding of person-centred practice
- Understanding of disability accommodation services
- Detailed knowledge of the NDIS and relevant national and state government policies
- Cert IV in training and Assessment.
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To review the position description, please click on the link below:Practice Manager Clinical - position description.pdf
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time