Careers At VMCH
Food Service Assistant - Wantirna
Job no: 498310
Work type: Casual
Categories: Aged Care
- Casual opportunities available
- Wantirna location
- Not for Profit - Excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role:
As a Food Services Assistant you will work as part of a friendly team to deliver nutritional meal services to our residents. Your duties will include:
- Perform basic food preparation tasks
- Cook basic meals under supervision
- Clean food preparation and eating areas
- Clean cooking equipment and utensils
- Serving and delivery of meals.
You will have:
- Food Safety Certificate Level I or II
- Caring attitude to people and residents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have 2 years previous experience working in an aged care facility
- We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits:
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time