Careers At VMCH
Personal Care Assistant Cert III - Part time (Berwick)
Job no: 498318
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care
- Berwick Location
- Part time hours
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are searching for enthusiastic, friendly and self-motivated people to bring joy to a resident’s day. Your focus will be to provide excellent care, assisting our residents with their daily tasks, whilst empowering them to do as much as they can for themselves.You will assist residents in meeting their potential and supporting them to enjoy each day in a meaningful way.
Your focus will be to provide excellent care, assisting our residents with their daily tasks, whilst empowering them to do as much as they can for themselves.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deliver high standard of care to meet each resident’s needs
- Provide support and care in all ADL requirements
- Enable residents to engage in meaningful activities, considering their individual needs, stage of life, development & strengths
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate and communicate with empathy and compassion
- Never-ending patience and a focus on providing the best possible care at all times
- Patience and a strong ethos of client service
- Demonstrated ability to relate and converse with older people
To be successful you will have
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing Specialisation), or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively & compassionately with residents, families, employees, volunteers
- Minimum 12 months experience in an aged care setting
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation committed to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. We provide care, create choices and offer hospitality by building inclusive, compassionate and sustainable communities.
As part of our team you will receive the following benefits
- Training and ongoing support - allowing you to develop the skills required to provide an excellent level of care while developing your career.
- Work/life balance - by ensuring you have fixed permanent fortnightly shifts.
- Technology – we have a ‘point of care’ electronic documentation management system; an employee portal to keep you up to date and a self-managed iLearn training system.
- Not for Profit salary packaging benefits which significantly increases your take home pay.
- Great health and wellbeing benefits such as free annual flu vaccines, selected supplier discounts and an Employee Assistance Program.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
Applications close: Wednesday, 23 October 2019, 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time