Careers At VMCH
Claims Submission Officer
Job no: 498329
Work type: Full time
Location: East Melbourne
Categories: Administration/Office Support, Business Development
- Permanent, full-time position
- East Melbourne, two minutes from Parliament station
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a Claims Submission Officer to join our team at VMCH.
In this role you will coordinate NDIS claiming processes within Community and Disability Services, including payment for services delivered to our Clients.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and submitting claims and invoice data for NDIS participants and other VMCH customers as required
- Contributing to process improvements to ensure timely and effective claiming and invoicing
- Collaborating with VMCH staff (including operational service areas, Finance and IT-Carelink) to ensure effective coordination of claiming and invoicing, including resolution of errors
- Supporting VMCH operational service area staff to improve service recording, NDIS portal usage and financial processes
- Actively contributing to the NDIS Administration Network and other administrative support functions in VMCH
- Liaising with VMCH customers and external government agencies as required
- A qualification in disability studies, business or project management
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (including MS Excel)
- Sound problem-solving skills, to successfully identify problems, develop solutions, and implement these using a logical and systematic approach
- Understanding of the NDIS Reforms, including consumer-directed principles and application
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and gain the cooperation of staff
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality customer service
- Well-developed prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety appropriate to the level of the appointment.
- Experience working directly with customers with significant and diverse disabilities
- Knowledge of electronic client management systems such as Carelink+
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time