Careers At VMCH
Community Support Assistant
Job no: 498330
Work type: Part time
Categories: Disability Services
- Permanent, part-time positions available in Wantirna
- Make a difference to our Clients lives
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Community Support Assistant who wants to support our Clients to reach their goals and aspirations, helping them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
In this role, you will assist our Clients with services including:
- Personal care and self-care assistance (e.g. showering and dressing assistance, medication prompting/ meal assistance
- Meal preparation
- Respite, social support, and companionship
- Transport, shopping, and community access
- Accompanying to medical appointments
- Assistance with other activities of daily living
It is a part-time role (with fixed 12 hours per FN) but if you are interested in working more hours, you will be able to pick up additional shifts in various locations (including Wantirna, Packham or Lysterfield).
To be successful for this role, you need to be available from Monday to Friday between 9 am - 3 pm. Final roster for the fixed hours will be confirmed during the interview.
- Minimum Cert III Individual Support / Home & Community Care / Aged Care or similar
- Current First Aid Certificate – Level 2
- Current CPR Certificate (HLTAID001)
- Current National Police Check
- Experience with and enjoy working with elderly people and their families
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence & reliable, roadworthy vehicle suitable for transporting clients – must hold full comprehensive insurance.
- Knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures consistent with OH&S policies and procedures
- Flexibility and ability to work remotely and autonomously
- Experience working with mobile devices and online communication applications for time and attendance
- Victorian Employee Working with Children Check
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time