Careers At VMCH
Registered Nurse - Casual (Torquay)
Job no: 498463
Work type: Casual
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Aged Care
- Casual ongoing position
- Star of the Sea Aged Care Residence, Torquay
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
Join the team at St Bernadette's, Sunshine North and make a difference in the lives of our residents on a daily basis, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the coordination and provision of high standards of care to residents and their families whilst promoting a person-centred approach to care.
Key responsibilities will include
- Provide nursing care according to the agreed care plan;
- Demonstrate the ability and commitment to deliver consistently high standards of care to meet individual residents' needs;
- Contribute to planning appropriate care for residents, using a range of skills and data gathering techniques including observation, interview, physical examination and measurement; and
- Accurately collect, interpret, utilise, monitor and report information regarding the health and functional status of people receiving care to achieve identified health outcomes.
- Self-motivation and ability to promote a positive work environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed prioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to assess Aged Care Residents and formulate Care Plans
To be successful you will have
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in a Residential Aged Care setting
- An understanding and ability to ensure compliance with Residential Aged Care Standards, ACFI requirements, Occupational Health and Safety, food safety and other professional legislative requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
Applications close: Sunday, November 17 November 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time