Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498464
Work type: Full time
Location: Glen Waverley
Categories: Disability Services
- Lead and support our staff to deliver the best services to our Clients
- Full-time, permanent role Florence St., Glen Waverley location
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Team Leader to join our team to provide support to our employees that ensure the provision of quality services in an environment that is person-centred, led by the individuals and recognises the importance of family and community inclusion.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager - Accommodation you will undertake a range of management responsibilities as well as provide direct support to our Clients. Join our passionate team and help us to change the lives of our Clients.
- Provide an environment that is rights based and person centred, recognising the importance of family and community and engage individuals positively in the community
- Manage and facilitate the implementation, review and monitoring of individual Lifestyle Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Person Centred Plans to achieve desired outcomes as identified by individuals
- Ensure ongoing development of the services, including organisation strategic plan, business plans, policies, procedures and operational practice
- Coordinate relevant health supports for individual’s including GP, specialists, allied health therapists, and psychologists
- Liaise with families, other service providers, medical professionals, case management, communities and others in a manner that fosters inclusion, empowerment, diversity and compassion
- Manage the ongoing recruitment, induction, and training of staff within the services
- Participate in the budget preparation process and manage the operational budget of the nominated services
You will have:
- Leadership experience within the disability field with the ability to promote dignity and respect for people with a disability and their carers
- Experience in building positive relationships and communicating effectively with people with disabilities, families, staff and other service providers
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise own work and that of team
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Services or equivalent
- Current First Aid/CPR Level II
- Commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and special education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time