Careers At VMCH
Registered Nurse - Grade 5 (Part time - Sunshine North)
Job no: 498465
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care
- Permanent Part time position - up to 37.5 hours per fortnight
- St Bernadette's Aged Care Residence, Sunshine North
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
Join the team at St Bernadette's, Sunshine North and make a difference in the lives of our residents on a daily basis, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the coordination and provision of high standards of care to residents and their families whilst promoting a person-centred approach to care.
Key responsibilities will include
- Providing effective, timely direction and supervision to ensure that delegated care is provided safely and accurately
- Conduct comprehensive and systematic nursing assessments for all residents to collect data about the physical, socio-cultural and mental health of the resident
- Demonstrate, maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the ageing process and relevant diseases
- Ensure residents have accurate, up to date care plans based on their needs
- Self-motivation and ability to promote a positive work environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed prioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to assess Aged Care Residents and formulate Care Plans
You must be available Monday to Wednesday from 1500 to 2230 in Week 1 and Tuesday to Wednesday 1500 to 2230 in Week 2.
To be successful you will have
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in a Residential Aged Care setting
- An ability to lead, support and supervise staff and to promote a team approach
- An understanding and ability to ensure compliance with Residential Aged Care Standards, ACFI requirements, Occupational Health and Safety, food safety and other professional legislative requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
Applications close: Monday, 18 November 11.30 PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time