Careers At VMCH
Food Service Assistant - Part time (Mulgrave)
Job no: 498481
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care
- Part time, ongoing position
- Work close to home in Mulgrave
- Not for Profit - Excellent salary packaging benefits
Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to the lives of our older members of society?
Do you want to work for an organisation that lives by their Mission, Vision and Values?
Join the team at John R Hannah Aged Care Residence in Mulgrave and make a difference in the lives of our residents on a daily basis, enhancing their self-esteem and empowering them to make choices.
About the role:
As a Food Services Assistant you will work as part of a friendly team to deliver nutritional meal services to our residents. Your duties will include:
- Perform basic food preparation tasks
- Cook basic meals under supervision
- Clean food preparation and eating areas
- Clean cooking equipment and utensils
- Serving and delivery of meals.
You will have:
- Food Safety Certificate Level I or II
- Caring attitude to people and residents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability and commitment to work as part of a team
- The initiative and ability to work without supervision
- Previous experience working in an aged care facility
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference.
Applications close: Wednesday, 20 November 2019, 11:30PM
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time