Careers At VMCH
NDIS Specialist Client Support
Job no: 498580
Work type: Full time
Location: East Melbourne
Categories: Disability Services
- Full time position based in East Melbourne close to Parliament Station
- Join a brilliant team doing purposeful and meaningful work
- Not for Profit with Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
VMCH seek an NDIS Specialist Client Support as part of our ongoing commitment to Community and Disability Services, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). You will support transition and service planning of new and current customers to the NDIS and other Community and Aged Care Services.
Changes in Community services and the introduction of the NDIS is transforming social services within Australia and as a result, this is a great opportunity for you to play a leading role in contributing to positive changes that directly affects many Australians.
In this role you will:
- Engage customers and support their NDIS experience including: pre-planning, customer setup and NDIS service implementation
- Coordinate quoting for Accommodation services (Supported Independent Living), liaise with NDIA on quote approval and oversee NDIS client setup
- Provide specialist customer service support to customers with complex needs and external agency requests including recommendations and support for Response and Assessment
- Coordinate and deliver staff training on NDIS, new work practices, customer engagement and develop and implement training strategies and resources
- Extensive experience working directly with customers with significant and diverse disabilities
- Proven capacity to consult with and engage all participants of the NDIS
- Good working knowledge of the NDIS and/or Community or Disability service
- Tertiary qualification in Disability, Business project management or another relevant discipline
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to being an employer of choice.
In addition to a competitive salary VMCH offers flexible working arrangements, a supportive work environment, the opportunity to salary sacrifice and ongoing professional development.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
VMCH is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams, remain connected to their communities and enjoy their independence.
To review the position description, please click on the following link:
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people's lives, we would love to hear from you.
Permission to conduct a criminal records check, screening against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES), A Working with Children Check and Evidence of Australian Work Rights will be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time