Careers At VMCH
Care Manager - Maternity Leave Contract (Balwyn)
Job no: 498618
Work type: Full time
Categories: Aged Care
- Full time, fixed term maternity leave contract for 14 months
- St Catherine's Aged Care Residence, Balwyn
- Not for Profit – Excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role:
Provide clinical leadership in all aspects of operations at St Catherine’s, Balwyn, ensuring our residents receive the highest quality person centred care.
Essential for success in this role is self-motivation, a high level of organisation and time management skills with an exceptional attitude regarding teamwork, including the willingness to pitch in and go the extra mile as required!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day to day clinical operations
- Coordinate and manage nursing staff, carers, residents, families, support staff and relevant community care teams
- Develop and facilitate effective teams through leadership, team goals, role-modelling and clear communication
- Ensure the provision of high levels of clinical care to support resident’s physical, psychological, spiritual and social wellbeing
- Advocate for individuals/groups within organisational and management structure
You will have:
- Registered Nurse qualifications with current and valid AHPRA
- Current Nursing experience and clinical expertise
- Previous leadership experience as a Care Manager (3+years) within Aged Care large facilities
- A passion to coach, lead, manage and support staff to achieve clinical care excellence
- An understanding and ability to ensure compliance with residential Aged Care standards, legislative requirements, ACFI etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and patience
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To review the position description, please click the link below.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time