Careers At VMCH
Casual registered nurse
Job no: 498716
Work type: Casual
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing
- Alphington Station with hours to suit your lifestyle
- Great culture with fun, friendly team and supportive environment
- Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role:
VMCH Austin Street in Alphington is Victoria’s first purpose-specific residence for young people with an acquired brain injury (ABI). Austin Street accommodates and supports adults with high and complex medical and physical support needs.
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to provide high quality clinical services to our Austin Street residents. This will include conducting assessments, developing care plans, and evaluating service outcomes and nursing care standards. The role will also induct and orientation new staff, be a positive role model to Residential Support Workers and provide supervision to both staff and volunteers.
- Current Nurse registration with AHPRA
- First Aid certificate (formerly Level 2 First Aid)
- Excellent clinical skills, including experience with enteric (PEG) support, and stoma management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders, including consumers, families, therapists, carers, support workers, community members and others
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disabilities, families and carers.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and a Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time