Careers At VMCH
Disability Support Worker
Job no: 498731
Work type: Part time
Categories: Disability Services
- Part -Time positions available in Melbourne South and Eastern suburbs (including Wantirna and Mt Waverly)
- Help our Clients to improve their Lives
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
We are looking for passionate Disability Support Workers who want to support our Clients reach their goals and aspirations, helping them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions.
We have various shifts available Monday to Friday (and weekends), so you can combine your work with other responsibilities!
In this role you will provide support for those in the transitional stage of their lives, as well as individual's ageing with a disability, to learn, explore, experience new things and achieve individual goals and dreams.
- Provide direct support to our Clients during activity delivery, meal times, personal care, health emotional, behavioural, physical and social supports (Including supporting people with enteric feed and administration of medication)
- Liaise with individuals and support networks to ensure our Clients’ needs are appropriately met, to promote and support maximum participation
- Provide learning opportunities and activities across a range of environments
- Transport people supported by VMCH to a range of community venues and locations across metropolitan Melbourne using service vehicles
- Experience in supporting people in learning, recreation and related environments
- Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships
- Ability to research, develop, facilitate, monitor and evaluate group and individual programs
- Current Driver’s License
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent (desirable)
Work at VMCH while you study!
The Victorian Government are offering TAFE courses in Disability, Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate IV in Disability, free for eligible students.
You could work with VMCH while studying and getting new qualifications.
To find out more about these opportunities go to the Victorian Government website.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) is a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disabilities, families and carers.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time