Careers At VMCH
Food Services Assistant - Part time (Willowbrooke)
Job no: 498787
Work type: Part time
Location: Upper Ferntree Gully
Categories: Aged Care
- Part time ongoing position, 10.5 hours per fortnight
- Work close to home in Upper Ferntree Gully
- Not for Profit - Excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role:
As a Food Services Assistant you will work as part of a friendly team to deliver nutritional meal services to our residents. Your duties will include:
- Perform basic food preparation tasks
- Cook basic meals under supervision
- Clean food preparation and eating areas
- Clean cooking equipment and utensils
- Serving and delivery of meals.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in an aged care facility
- Food Safety Certificate Level I or II
- Caring attitude to people and residents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability and commitment to work as part of a team
- The initiative and ability to work without supervision
Available Roster - 3 shifts per fortnight
Week 1 Wednesday & Friday 07.00 am - 11.00 am
Week 2 Wednesday 07.30 am - 11.00 am
* Please note - days, start and finish times may be subject to change.
We are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disabilities, families and carers.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time