Careers At VMCH
Personal Care Assistants - Part time (Torquay)
Job no: 498793
Work type: Part time
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Aged Care
- Star of the Sea Residence in Torquay
- Permanent part time positions - morning, afternoon and night shifts
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are searching for enthusiastic, friendly and self-motivated Personal Care Assistants to bring joy to our resident’s day. Your focus will be to provide excellent care, assisting our residents with their daily tasks, whilst empowering them to do as much as they can for themselves. You will assist residents in meeting their potential and supporting them to enjoy each day in a meaningful way.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deliver high standard of care to meet each resident’s needs
- Provide support and care in all ADL requirements
- Enable residents to engage in meaningful activities, considering their individual needs, stage of life, development & strengths
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Never-ending patience and a focus on providing the best possible care at all times
- Demonstrated ability to relate and converse with older people
To be successful you will have
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing Specialisation), or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively & compassionately with residents, families, employees, volunteers
- Previous experience working in aged care (highly desirable)
We are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education.
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, a positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disabilities, families and carers.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an Australian Criminal History Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time