Careers At VMCH
Occupational Therapist Maternity Leave
Job no: 498815
Work type: Part time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care, Disability Services
• 12 month maternity contract available in Wantirna South
• Be part of the supportive and professional Allied Health Team
• Excellent Not for Profit salary packaging benefits
About the role
At VMCH we work hard to ensure every Client achieves an optimal outcome and the best support.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Occupational Therapist who has a genuine interest in the health and wellbeing of the aged and adults with disabilities to join its supportive Allied Health team.
You will work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team to provide services to the aged and adults with disabilities, centre-based and in-home and community-based settings to make a difference to their independence and wellbeing.
In this role you will:
- Have an opportunity to work with various clients – you will provide support to aged Clients and adults with disabilities
- Become the part of multidisciplinary Allied Health Team which will give you an opportunity to exchange your knowledge and learn from others. We believe in and apply team collaboration on a daily basis!
- Have the opportunity to learn something new every day
- Have a real impact on the improvement of our Clients’ lives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing specialist occupational therapy assessment and intervention to people who have disabilities and the aged, including clients who have multiple and complex support needs.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to provide best practice client-centred services.
- Engaging in collaborative goal setting with clients and their families to maximise clients’ independence.
- Advising about assistive equipment, home modifications and strategies to increase independence with activities of daily living, including sensory integration principles.
- Participating in service delivery development and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing appropriate professional support and training to families, staff and advocates.
- A desire to assist others to remain physically active and ensure they have choice and flexibility in their life
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current Victorian drivers licence and own car
- Broad knowledge and experience in the planning, implementation and delivery of occupational therapy assessment and intervention to individuals with disabilities
- Knowledge and skills to work in different funding environments, NDIS, CHSP, HCP
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
For more information please contact Jo-Ann Petersen (Senior Manager of Allied Health, Community and Disability Services) on phone: 1300 919 850
Here at VMCH, our services are as diverse as the people we support.
Our values underpin the work we do. As a Catholic not for profit organisation, compassion, respect and inclusion aren’t just words to us, they guide us in everything we do.
While we’ve been around for over a century, we’re always moving forward. We stay true to who we are by supporting people and families to live their best lives; providing a place to call home and spaces to learn and grow.
Our professional and compassionate teams are with you on your life journey; helping you with a wide range of support from specialist education, disability services, affordable homes, residential aged care, retirement living and at-home aged care.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time