Careers At VMCH
Residential Support Worker
Job no: 498879
Work type: Part time
Categories: Disability Services
- Apply your passion for helping others and provide personalised care and support to Clients
- Part-Time Positions (32 Hours Per Fortnight) Nunawading location
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role:
Support our Clients to reach their goals and aspirations, help them gain choice and control over their lives, and celebrate their achievements and contributions. Provide personalised care and support our Clients based on their individual needs within our 24-hour direct care Shared Supported Accommodation Services.
We are looking for two part-time enthusiastic and passionate Residential Support Workers to join our team in Nunawading.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct support and care: personal care, recreational activities, domestic duties, medication administration and behaviour support
- Communicate effectively with the people we support and work colleagues
- Directly support client wellbeing: support with daily household activities, preparation, cooking and assistance with meals, personal care, manual handling, social, recreational and community experiences that enhance quality of life, based on support plan goals.
- Liaise with families, other service providers, medical professionals, communities and others regarding care
- Work a range of rostered shifts including morning and afternoon, active nights, and weekend shifts
- Experience in hands-on client service delivery (including personal care and manual handling)
- Ability to treat people as individuals and support people in a Person-Centred way
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within crisis and emergency situations
- Strong written and communication skill and ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Cert IV in Disability or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate Level 2 and Driver's Licence
- Working With Children Check
- Experience working in the disability sector (desirable)
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and special education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time