Careers At VMCH
Case Manager - Ballarat and Surrounds
Job no: 498889
Work type: Part time
Categories: Aged Care
- Part time position with opportunity to progress to full time for the right candidate
- Great culture with fun, friendly team and supportive environment
- Excellent Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging Benefits and travel allowance
About the role
As a Case Manager with VMCH, you will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, high quality approach to service delivery, applying consumer directed care principles, determining eligibility, undertaking comprehensive assessments and determining resources required within our Aged Care Service.
- Provide advice and information to carers and clients about our services
- Develop individual consumer budgets within the available funding that supports fulfilment of goals and needs.
- Protect the rights of the client, including confidentiality, privacy, individual choice and decision-making
- Conduct client visits across your designated area
This role will be based out of the Ballarat office and requires travel within the catchment region.
Skills & experience
- Ability to work autonomously; sound time management skills and ability to prioritise to meet competing demands
- Experience in provision of case management to consumers with complex needs including the assessment and development of care plans
- Demonstrated experience in setting and management of consumer budgets
- Understanding of Aged Care Reforms and implications for the organisation and consumers
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health, Social Care or similar
- Willing to provide National and International Police Checks where applicable
- Drivers Licence and fully registered vehicle
- Current Working with Children Check
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time