Careers At VMCH
Allied Health Assistant
Job no: 498919
Work type: Casual
Categories: Community Services, Disability Services
- Join the Life Skills Passport Project to support people with disabilities to learn skills of independence
- Develop new skills while collaborating with other professionals in a small group setting and support our cooking program and other physical activities
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits. Casual hours, various locations including Kew and Rowville
About the role
Support people with disabilities essential life skills. Join the Pathways to Independence project team and help people with disabilities build skills to gain independence and aspire to be active contributors in the community.
Structured programs including Module 1 - Cooking is designed by an Occupational Therapist and will be delivered 4 to 8 hours a day, on various days of the week and will be ongoing.
This role can be extra casual work on top of your current role or it can be a temporary substitute to your existing role, subject to Senior Managers approval.
Skills and experience
- Lead the delivery and implement a prescribed allied health programme in a person centred environment.
- Support people with disabilities to learn new skills independence, social activities and health and wellbeing.
- Conduct initial participant assessments, identify goals; and recognise, respond and escalate changes in the person’s condition.
- Actively attend and contribute to team and programme meetings, as required
- Actively support and promote a culture of client centeredness.
- Identify opportunities to improve programme processes and practice to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- Provide regular updates to the Occupational Therapist
- Maintain high-quality clinical documentation across the program.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development, career pathways opportunities, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
- Allied Health Assistant qualification.
- Strong commitment to person centred practices.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering health education programmes, group or individualised as prescribed by an allied health professional with a diverse client group
- Experience in working with people with disabilities
- Demonstrated skills and experience in utilising standardised assessment tools and outcome measures
- Demonstrated capacity to keep abreast of contemporary and evidence-based practice
- Driver’s licence
- Ability to commit to at least one day per week
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and special education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check.
You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time