Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498942
Work type: Part time
Location: Torquay, Victoria
Categories: Aged Care
- Work close to home in Torquay
- Part time weekend shifts, 30 hours per fortnight
- Not for Profit Organization - Excellent salary packaging benefits
About the role
As the Weekend Chef you will be accountable for the daily operations of the kitchen and guide an effective, and efficient team of food services staff to effectively work with staff, residents and their families. You will deliver high quality catering services that meets the nutritional and hydration needs, special requirements and preferences of our residents.
What will you do
- Prepare, present and serve of high quality meals to residents
- Manage the weekend activities of a dedicated team
- Take ownership of stock control, ordering, food and labour costs
- Adhere to menus and plans for meals, ensuring provision of choice for residents
Skills & experience
- A passion for developing and providing meals to meet the needs of people in Aged Care
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in an aged care facility as the Chef
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) or higher
- Community and Health Services - Food Safety Supervisor Training
- Experience in the supervision of staff
Week 1 & Week 2 Sat – Sun 0900 - 1700
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of Australian work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and Victorian Employee Working With Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Please note we reserve the right to close the advertisement earlier than the indicated close date below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time