Careers At VMCH
Physiotherapists & Occupational Therapists
Job no: 497763
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Aged Care
- Work close to home, various locations throughout Melbourne and Victoria
- Professional Development allowance
- Not for profit - Excellent salary packaging benefitsAbout the role
In your role as a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist, you will support our residents to have choice and flexibility in making decisions regarding their care. You will be someone who is passionate about helping our clients remain physically active and manage chronic pain to ensure they maintain choice and flexibility in their life.
Working in partnership with nursing and care staff, you will assist residents with pain management plans, programs to maintain and improve their physical health, reviewing their equipment needs and the provision of manual handling training.
Ongoing full time and part time positions are available throughout various Melbourne and Victorian locations. Graduates are welcome to apply.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy) with current AHPRA registration
- Professional written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated expertise in physiotherapy assessment and the ability to design appropriate treatment programs for each allocated resident, ensuring the delivery of the program as planned
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the field of Aged Care and Rehabilitation (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ACFI and accreditation (desirable)
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check, Evidence of 2020 Flu Vaccination and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time