Careers At VMCH
Job no: 498852
Work type: Full time
Categories: Disability Services
- Lead our employees to deliver the best services to our Clients
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Full-Time position Nunawading location
About the role:
Lead and support our employees that ensure the provision of quality services in an environment that is person-centred, led by the individuals and recognises the importance of family and community inclusion.
Reporting to the Regional Manager - Accommodation you will undertake a range of management responsibilities as well as provide direct support to Clients.
Join our passionate team and help us to change the lives of our Clients.
- Manage and facilitate the implementation, review and monitoring of individual Lifestyle Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Person Centred Plans to achieve desired outcomes as identified by individuals
- Ensure ongoing development of the services, including organisation strategic plan, business plans, policies, procedures and operational practice
- Coordinate relevant health supports for individual’s including GP, specialists, allied health therapists, and psychologists
- Manage the ongoing recruitment, induction, and training of staff within the services
- Participate in the budget preparation process and manage the operational budget of the nominated services
You will have:
- Leadership experience within the disability field with the ability to promote dignity and respect for people with a disability and their carers
- Experience in building positive relationships and communicating effectively with people with disabilities, families, staff and other service providers
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise own work and that of team
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability Services or equivalent
- Current First Aid/CPR Level II
- Commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Our services include affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and special education.
As an employee of VMCH, you will be provided with ongoing professional development and career pathways, positive & supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits. Join the team making a difference to the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time