Careers At VMCH
Job no: 499187
Work type: Full time
Categories: Healthcare & Nursing, Community Services, Aged Care, Disability Services
- Work within a multi-disciplinary Allied Health services team
- Full-time position available Metro Melbourne based in Wantirna South
- Excellent Not for Profit Salary Packaging Benefits
About the role
Work autonomously to provide services to the aged and adults and/or children with disabilities, centre based and in home and community-based settings to make a difference to their independence and wellbeing.
- Provide specialist occupational therapy assessment and intervention to people who have disabilities and the aged, including clients who have multiple and complex support needs within their chosen environments.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide best practice client-centred services.
- Engage in collaborative goal setting with clients and their families or care staff to maximise clients’ independence.
- Advise about assistive equipment, home modifications and strategies to increase independence with activities of daily living, including sensory integration principles.
- Participate in service delivery development and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide appropriate professional support and training to families, staff and advocates.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Broad knowledge and experience in the planning, implementation and delivery of occupational therapy assessment and intervention to individuals with disabilities
- Understand positive behaviour support frameworks and its application with complex disability support needs. Experience in Autism Spectrum Disorders and neurological conditions are desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge and skills to work in different funding environments, NDIS, CHSP, HCP
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Current Victorian drivers licence and own car
Contact Jo-Ann Petersen (Senior Manager of Allied Health, Community and Disability Services) to discuss the role on phone: 1300 919 850
As an employee of VMCH you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture and excellent salary packaging benefits.
VMCH are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services including affordable housing, residential aged care, retirement living, community and disability services and specialist education to 7,600 people across Victoria. We operate in over 50 locations, have 2,600+ employees and over 600 volunteers maintaining our 24/7 service to vulnerable people across Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at VMCH, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, an Australian Criminal History Check and a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check. You may also be required to supply an International Police Check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time